We are recruiting for a Mechanical Design Engineer our client in the Cavan area.
The Role & Purpose
Our values of integrity, trust and respect are paramount in all our interactions. These apply to relationships with customers and suppliers as well as our employees and teams.
We have a strong, completely transparent connection with our clients who understand our loyalty and clarity in the way we work.
In the workplace, we strive to operate in a nurturing environment to allow our people to continue to grow in their professional and personal life. The role of Mechanical Engineer is to design distribution transformers in line with customer specification.
The successful candidate will be a key player in expanding our range and increasing our capabilities.
Both electrical and mechanical design is carried out on-site. This is an excellent opportunity that will report directly to the Head of Design but will require the successful candidate to work closely with departments across the business.
We are looking for a self starter who can work in a team environment with good communication skills. The salary will be negotiable depending of skills, candidature and experience.
We hope to start the individual as soon as possible.
This is an opportunity to join a growing global company with a proven history and an exciting future.
The ideal candidate will have a degree/diploma in Mechanical Engineering with working experience of AutoCAD, Pro E or other design packages.
Organisational skills and a drive for continuous improvement is essential.
- To translate customer expectation into mechanical design that can be profitably made in the plant.
- Create detailed drawings and BOM’S for production & logistics.
- Design transformers for ease of manufacture and to ensure optimal costs.
- Make recommendations to customers and business.
- Collaborate with production for quality first time.
- Preparation of costings, specs, drawings and technical details for customers. • Direction and co-ordination of prototypes manufacture.
- Liaison with R&D to improve efficiencies
- Optimising design to the customer specification.
- Preparation of instructions and drawings for use on the factory floor.
- Preparation, control and updating technical and material specifications
- Degree/Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
- Strong organisational and planning skills with ability to prioritise.
- Working with design packages, CAD, ProE, etc
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication
- Previous SAP experience.
- Strong work ethic and self-starter.
- Analytical and detail orientated.
- Good Time Management and Decision Making Skills
- Preferable experience in a manufacturing environment/manufacturing best practice
- Experience with internal standards and quality conformance metrics
- Highly proficient in MS Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Requirement to both work on-site and to travel for business.
- Full clean driving license
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: €48,000.00 per year
- Company pension
- On-site parking
- Private medical insurance
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Cavan, CO. Cavan: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person
Reference ID: EMP-MDC9523