We are recruiting for a Lead Transport Planner for our client in the Cavan area.
The role will support our existing traffic team, working to ensure the best service for our customers while ensuring compliance for our drivers with regards to health and safety and driver legislation.
• Plan workload effectively and communicate work to drivers in an accurate and timely manner
• Manage delivery times and route planning throughout Ireland, UK, and Europe
• Manage workload through our in-house system Stratum
• Assist with scheduling of transporters for service/maintenance checks
• Work on own initiative but also as part of a team
• Any other ad hoc duties as required from time to time by Management
• Minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in a similar role
• Computer literate and experience working with various IT systems
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• A team player with a flexible and adaptable approach to work with a positive attitude
• Reliable and have ability to work as part of a busy team in a demanding environment
• Strong attention to detail and ability to work well under pressure
• Good problem-solving skills, planning and organisation skills
• Knowledge of the haulage and logistics industry
• Qualification in logistics/or related discipline
• Experience in planning national and international trucks
• Knowledge of import and export requirements • Knowledge of EU Working
Time Directive, Digital Tachograph regulations, and other relevant regulations
This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to progress their career in the transport and logistics sector.