We are recruiting for an IMS Co-Ordinator (EHS) for our client in the Monaghan area.
Reporting to: Business Process Manager
Hours per week: 39 hours
Annual Leave: Statutory
Main Purpose of the Role:
Our client operates an Integrated Management System(IMS) to the following ISO standards, ISO45001, ISO14001 & ISO9001. This role, in liaison with the Business Process Manager, will be involved in the development, monitoring and implementation of the Environmental, Health and Safety Management System throughout the business. The key role is to ensure compliance with the relevant Environmental, Health and Safety Regulations. The role will ensure coordination of services in relation to all environmental, health and safety matters. Ensuring that risk assessments are operational, reviewed, and managed. Reviewing incidents related to health and safety and ensuring implementation and monitoring of recommendations.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Lead in the development, implementation, maintenance and training of the Integrated Management System (ISO 14001 and ISO 45001)
2. Comprehensive understanding of Company IMS management systems.
3. Actively encouraging participation and promotion of the culture
4. Reporting, associated investigation and recommendation/ implementation of corrective actions.
5. High level of process understanding, underpinned by working in compliance with relevant policies, procedures and risk assessments.
6. Identify and react appropriately to a hazardous situation.
7. Managing the internal and external confirmation audit processes
8. Ensure compliance to all Legal and other Requirements through the monitoring, measuring & maintenance of the EHS Legal Register.
9. Provide support to the plant management team in the prevention and resolution of health & safety problems.
10. Coordinate EHS activities such as audits, emergency measures, employee engagement committee, etc.
11. Develop safety training modules and programs that meet legal requirements as well as company policies, procedures and practices.
12. Collaborate with human resources in the return-to-work process and in the integration programs for new employees.
13. Design, review and update health and safety programs as required.
14. Participate in the continual improvement in relation to various elements of the management systems.
15. Communicate and drive continuous Improvement of the IMS.
Other Reasonable Duties
As a member of the IMS/Compliance, in addition to your regular duties, you will need to:
1. Monitor and measure compliance performance, across all Teams and Processes, using the relevant tools, systems and spreadsheets.
2. Complete comprehensive & accurate Month End Data.
3. Report any issues or potential issues which you find or are made aware of.
4. Contribute to the development and regular review of the Compliance Risk Assessment document.
5. Undertake Internal Audits on a regular basis, covering Controls, Processes and Procedures, to help identify deficiencies or opportunities for improvement.
6. Plan and implement effective corrective action(s) to eliminate causes of non-conformities or other undesirable situations.
7. Highlight any training needs across all Departments, which Line Managers can look to incorporate into their Team’s Appraisal and Development process.
8. Train, Educate and provide Advice to staff at all levels, regarding EHS compliance objectives and obligations.
9. This job description sets out the main duties of the post at the date when it was drawn up. Such duties may vary from time to time without changing the general character of the post or the level of responsibility entailed. Such variations are a common occurrence and cannot of themselves justify a reconsideration of the grading of the post. This list of duties is not exhaustive and from time to time staff will be asked to undertake any other reasonable tasks in relation to their role.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: €35,000.00-€42,000.00 per year