Empire Recruitment are currently recruiting for a Supply Chain Buyer/Planner on behalf of our client in the Cavan area.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
The successful applicant shall be responsible for the overall management and supply of direct and indirect material and goods. While optimizing inventory levels and ensuring availability of materials in line with planned requirements. The successful candidate will also play a pivotal role in the wider global group procurement team.
Key Role, Tasks and Activities:
· Manage the supply of raw materials and non-stock inventory.
· Issue purchase orders, checking acknowledgements and arranging collection of materials.
· Expedite material delivery daily and generate and manage supply recovery plans
· Manage longer term requirements in order to ensure sufficiently supply in line with forecast and reorder points.
· Take ownership for inventory levels ensuring stock levels are in control.
· Ensure all relevant procurement parameters and attributes in SAP (ERP/IT System) are kept up to date, including supplier details, prices, safety stocks and reorder points.
· Maintain and manage communication with internal teams and all suppliers.
· Report on supply issues/shortages, inventory levels and logistical challenges.
· Monthly reporting on procurement KPIs.
· Assist with all other tasks within procurement.
· Participate in the development and implementation of all purchasing and planning policies and procedures, and in the continuous improvement of these.
Skills & Knowledge:
- Basic understanding of one or more Supplychain components (Logistics; Procurement; Planning; Warehouse Management; Transportation)
- Proactive attitude to work
- Strong Excel / Word and Powerpoint skills are necessary.
- Currently working with MRP in SAP or similar ERP system.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to prioritizes and organizes work to deliver to agreed deadlines
- Ability to perform under pressure.
- Must show initiative in difficult situations and work methodically to resolve issues.
- Ability to work without constant supervision.
- Ability to negotiate with difficult suppliers
Education and Experience:
· Minimum third level qualification preferably in Business Management or supply Chain.
· IIPMM or APICS qualification preferred but not essential.
· Minimum 3+ yrs experience in similar role in an ERP environment – preferably SAP
· Thorough knowledge of day to day practices within an MRP system.
· Understanding of forecasting, demand planning and procurement techniques.
Job Type: Full-time