We are recruiting for a Site Engineer for our client in the Cavan area.
- JOB TITLE: Site Engineering Manager
- REPORTING TO: Site Manager
- LOCATION: Cavan
· Responsible for the performance of the maintenance function on-site as measured by core metrics of safety, performance & people management
· Implementation of Maintenance System to best practice standard, including 24/7 cover management
· Leadership and development of Maintenance team in conjunction with Site Manager and HR.
· Recruitment and succession planning skills development
· Maintenance budget spend on labour and materials.
· Implementation of Maintenance guiding principle which is that “equipment is always maintained to manufacturers delivered quality”
· Liaise with Ops team to ensure factory lay out and maintenance practices meets 5S standards to protect machinery from damage.
· Use the total resources of the Site team to deliver a combined improvement in results.
· Manage quality and safety of outside contractors while on site.
· Liaise with Group Project Function on capital projects and ensure Maintenance requirements are tabled
· Implement Continuous Improvement process in Maintenance function.
· Responsible for the overseeing of all records required by HSE, BRC and all statutory and legal obligations
· Responsible for the training for all maintenance personnel.
· Overall management of engineering department function including PPM of all equipment
· Leadership, management and development of a cross functional team.
· Interpersonal & HR management skills.
· Level 7 qualification in Engineering. (Equivalent)
· Adequate knowledge in Primary Meat Industry and Consumer Foods Equipment and services.
· Finance for non-financial managers.
· CMMS interrogation.
· Lean Blackbelt
· HACCP training
CORE KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS (KPI’s)
· Continuous Improvement Initiatives (Prize delivered)
· Adherence to Lean Maintenance standards and Ethos – audit report
· Quality – Audit adherence to CPF Maintenance Manual – Manufacturers manual
· Efficiency – OEE, Downtime, PM’s,
· Safety – Maintenance Role in H&S metrics
· Cost – Budget & Labour
· Reporting to Site Manager
· 49 % dotted line to Group Function Head
SKILLS/ KNOWLEDGE/ EXPERIENCE:
· Time-served craftsman is essential and further education, such as Level 7 or a degree would be desirable but not essential.
· Project management expertise and knowledge of project management techniques, methods and technologies.
· Experience of planning, preparation and monitoring of budgets.
· Demonstrable people management and development experience.
· Proven experience of computerised Maintenance Management Systems.
· Good PC Skills are essential and knowledge of AutoCad would also be advantageous.
· A skilled communicator with excellent negotiation and interpersonal skills.
· Posses a high level of motivation with an ability to drive change and improvement.
· A capability to think logically and innovatively.
· Commercially aware and financially astute.
· An ability to impact and influence key stakeholders within the business across levels and functions.
Note: As with all positions, due to the nature of our business, key responsibilities will evolve and change over time.
Reference ID: EMP-142020
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: €45,000.00 /year