We are recruiting for a Regional Health & Safety Professional for our client in the Meath/Cavan area.
To support the Regional EHS Director to deliver both ROI and UK & Ireland EHS requirements at local level through proactive support provided to business units within the operational region. A very strong emphasis on customer service, agility and responsiveness to the businesses need in the region and active collaboration with the Regional EHS Director to allow for;
- Provision of EHS guidance and support for all sites, management & staff within the region
- Assistance & advice to all businesses within the region to improve Environment, Health and Safety standards in order to ensure compliance with the country regulatory framework and company policy.
- Promotion of best practice to engender a proactive approach to EHS culture development and achievement of world-class EHS standards
- To be a key influencer to the Site Leadership Team and challenge, support and guide best practice and forward thinking in all areas of Environment, Health and Safety
- Build collaborative relationships with the site team and active involvement with the overall regional Environment, Health and Safety (EHS) team to ensure that professional value adding services are delivered to our customers in an effective and timely manner.
- Main point of contact on site in relation to statutory bodies such as the HSA, EPA and third-party stakeholders. In relation to the environment, take the lead with the EPA and build strong credible relationship as well as ensuring all correspondence, returns and submissions are completed in time an in full (including use of Eden).
- Support in delivering both business and site sustainability projects: Group Sustainability targets for Energy and Carbon, water, waste and raw materials and biodiversity.
- Promote continual improvement in all site environmental practices and strive toward making progress in our ambitions toward net zero carbon and implementation of circular economy
Knowledge, Skills & Experience Required
- Knowledge and experience in EHS with a strong emphasis on environment
- Environmental Qualification and / or NEBOSH certificate and/or Diploma level in Health & Safety or similar
- 3 + years’ experience in a manufacturing environment or has demonstrated experience and responsibility with the management and reporting activities associated with an EPA Industrial Emissions License
- Experience of implementing and maintaining energy management systems and preferably experience of EU ETS
- Experience of and able to work in a team environment, under own initiative and with minimal supervision
- Experience in building networks within various sites and experience with building relationships with external stakeholders such as EPA, HSA and auditing bodies
- Willingness to be flexible and travel throughout the region when required
- Regional EHS Professional – Ireland & Northern Ireland
- Positive influencer who can make an impact on the site and senior teams to drive change.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbal with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to manage large amounts of data; provide analysis and trends and reporting as needed to local business; Regional EHS Director; Country EHS team in accordance with reporting timeframes.
Key Results Areas and Responsibilities
The role demands energy, drive, mobility and a determination to succeed and continually improve standards: communication, presentation and influencing skills of the highest order; and a vision for promoting the value of EHS in pursuit of our wider sustainability ambitions.
The post holder will:
• Work with senior & local management to set out clear goals and plans for the business which will deliver safer practises and improve performance.
• Develop and build relationships across the organisation in Ireland (and the UK) to achieve a strong and positive EHS culture.
• Be an ambassador for Environment, Health & Safety through demonstrating and developing practical and innovative solutions to the EHS challenges presented.
• Support the management of change across the business whether this is change due to external factors e.g. change in legal requirements or internal needs
• Professionally represent the company in meetings with State / public bodies such as the EPA and HSA
• Investigation of Environmental Near Misses including follow-up and close out of actions. Assist in EIR/NCR investigations where required. Facilitate investigations for other departments as required.
• Promote improvements in environmental operations and assist in any site investigations to prevent the re-occurrence of environmental incidents
• Manage and/or participate in relevant site projects ensuring that EHS aspects receive appropriate consideration and evaluation as part of plant/process changes and/or other site projects.
• Maintain Internal EHS Obligations Schedule, including completion of audits, legislative requirements, monitoring programme including follow up & close out of actions.
• Liaise with EPA when necessary to provide information regarding changes on site or in response to changes in legislation.
• Willingness to travel at short notice in response to business need to provide excellent customer service
• Support the Regional EHS Director in achieving all other UK & Ireland EHS objectives