We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Quality Assurance Manager for our client in the Monaghan area.
Reporting directly to:
Management Team member:
The QA Manager is a key member of the management team and s/he will work effectively with all other members of the management team to implement company policies and deliver the company objectives.
S/he will advise and support the management team in working to best practice standards as well as provide information, advice and support to the Operations, Supply Chain and Maintenance teams in order to ensure customer requirements are always achieved.
Direct Management of:
Quality Assurance Team, Quality Control Team.
S/he will provide leadership and direction to team members to facilitate an efficient and effective QA function.
The QA Manager is responsible for leading and managing the Food Safety and Quality Systems including compliance, inspection and testing. S/he is also responsible for managing the Environmental Management System (EMS).
The QA Manager will act as the approval authority, with responsibility for managing specifications, validations and non-compliance.
- Specification management, non-compliance reporting, corrective/preventative action monitoring and close-out, supplier approval, relevant system updates, traceability monitoring and testing, customer communications, liaising with relevant external organisations, stock management of QA consumables, training of team members.
. Food Safety
· Microbiologically safe
· Contamination free
· Allergens notified
2. Compliance with all EU Regulations Relating to our Product Offering
· Integrity of ingredients
· Additives comply with EU legislation
· Labelling is correct and compliant with EU legislation
3. Management of Non-Compliance
· Notification to relevant manager; Supply Chain, Operations, Maintenance
· Documentation of incident, root cause and corrective action
· Escalation of failure to correct in timely manner to Plant Manager
· Prevention of unsafe or non-compliant food being released for consumption
4. Customer Satisfaction with Product Quality
· Product matches customer expectations
· Complaints investigated, root cause identified, corrective action implemented, timely close-out with customer
· Timely response to customer queries
· Customer satisfaction monitoring
5. Quality, Safety & Traceability of Raw Materials
· Agreed specifications for all raw materials
· Non-compliance monitoring and reporting
· Supplier auditing
· Performance reviews
6. Lead HACCP Team in Maintaining & Updating HACCP System
· Ensure competent HACCP Team
· Lead HACCP reviews as required
· Ensure HACCP system fit for purpose
7. Maintain & Develop QMS in Accordance with Best Practice
· Monitor QMS efficiency and effectiveness
· Focus on customer value
· Implement improvements as required
8. Microbiological Monitoring
· Manage Microbiological Laboratory to ensure compliance with Campden Laboratory Accreditation Scheme (CLAS) standard
· Manage internal and external testing
9. Environmental Management System (EMS)
· Manage EMS to ensure compliance with ISO 14001: 2015 standard
· Manage employee training and awareness
10. Support Management Team to Achieve Quality, Food Safety and EMS Objectives
· Progress monitoring
· Timely updates
· Lead audits by external parties on site.
· Establish and manage internal auditing program
12. QA/QC Team Development
· Manage employee training and development
· Promote lean initiatives
Personal attributes required:
- Structured approach: ability to organise a stress-free work plan to perform the role effectively.
- Problem solver: able to analyse, understand and devise/implement solutions to avoid disruption.
- Interpersonal skills: capable of developing constructive and cooperative working relationships with others and maintaining them over time.
- Effective Communicator: active listener, ability to understand the needs of others, participate in constructive analysis and follow through with agreed corrective actions.
- Effective Negotiator: possess ability to reach desired solution while reconciling differences.
- Thorough: capable of systematic attention to detail leading to complete understanding and effective solutions.
- Leader: standardise the work process, document and explain, promote learning by doing.
Reference ID: EMP-QAD242221
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: €45,000.00 per year
Contact Nisha at firstname.lastname@example.org