Our Client is expanding and requires an onsite IT Support Engineer to join their team
This is a Full Time Permanent role Monday to Friday 9am to 5.30pm
As an IT Support Specialist, you will play a vital role in maintaining and troubleshooting our office's IT infrastructure. You will provide technical support to employees, help resolve hardware and software issues, and ensure that all IT equipment and systems run efficiently. This role requires a proactive and customer-focused approach to IT support.
- Provide first-line support to office staff for hardware, software, and network issues.
- Assist users with troubleshooting and resolving technical problems.
- Respond to help desk tickets and address IT-related inquiries in a timely and efficient manner.
- Install, configure, and maintain desktops, laptops, printers, and other office equipment.
- Perform hardware upgrades and replacements as needed.
- Ensure proper functioning of peripherals (e.g., scanners, projectors, etc.).
- Install, update, and maintain operating systems, office software, and other applications.
- Troubleshoot software issues and assist users with software-related problems.
- Assist in software license management and compliance.
- Monitor and maintain the local area network (LAN) and Wi-Fi connectivity.
- Troubleshoot network connectivity issues.
- Collaborate with the IT team to improve network security and performance.
Data Backup and Recovery:
- Implement and maintain data backup procedures to protect company data.
- Assist in data recovery efforts in case of system failures or data loss incidents.
Security and Compliance:
- Ensure that office systems are up-to-date with security patches and antivirus software.
- Educate staff on IT security best practices.
- Assist in compliance with data protection and privacy regulations.
- Create and update documentation for IT procedures, configurations, and user guides.
- Maintain an inventory of hardware and software assets.
- A bachelor's degree in IT, Computer Science, or a related field is preferred.
- Proven experience in IT support or a similar role.
- Proficiency in operating systems (Windows, MacOS), software applications, and office productivity tools.
- Strong problem-solving and communication skills.
- Knowledge of networking fundamentals.
- Familiarity with IT security and data protection best practices.
- Certifications such as CompTIA A+, Network+, or Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP) are a plus.