We are recruiting for a HGV Mechanic for our client in the Cavan area.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The main duties and responsibilities of the role will include the following:
- Perform planned vehicle maintenance and servicing, CVRT preparation, diagnostics, and repairs to a fleet of trucks and trailers.
- Conduct examinations of vehicles and respond to daily checks as reported by drivers, to identify and repair non-routine defects, while working to high standards in accordance with the brands technical standards.
- Work closely with the transport team, informing them of progress, to ensure vehicles are available to service planned collections for the end customer. • Comply with Health, Safety and Environmental legislation in line with company, RSA and other governing bodies guidelines.
- Offer technical advice and support to other technicians and apprentices.
- Co-operate fully with all provisions taken by the company for ensuring the Health and Safety, and Welfare of co-employees and members of the public.
- A formal qualification i.e., National Craft Certificate or City and Guilds level 3 in vehicle repairs or equivalent
- Minimum of 3 years post apprenticeship experience.
- Experience working within the HGV Mechanic sector a district advantage.
- Highly organized, driven, with good time management skills and a logical approach, able to prioritise workload and excellent attention to detail.
- Proficiency in the English language is a requirement alongside eligibility to work in Ireland.
- Organised with good time management skills.
- Ability to prioritise workload.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic
- Eagerness to learn and share knowledge.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment while remaining calm and focused
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: €18.00 per hour
- On-site parking
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Cavan, CO. Cavan: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Diagnosis: 1 year (required)
- HGV: 1 year (required)
Work Location: In person
Reference ID: EMP-MECM9523