We are recruiting for a Factory Scheduler for our client in the Meath area.
About the role
To develop cross functional relationships that provide for a cost effective, fully resourced production schedule that meets the customers’ expectations. Incorporating administrational support tasks as required, providing cover for holiday periods and busy peak times at the blending site.
The main purpose of the role
To provide planning and administrational support to the blending site, creation of a cost-effective local schedule that is aligned to the Master Production Schedule and meets the customers’ requirements daily.
Ensuring availability of all raw materials at the sites in a timely manner whilst working within agreed Inventory levels.
To provide varied admin support to the Kells factory, encompassing both general and customer facing administration work.
Working Relationships and Environment
Reporting to Factory Manager. Liaises with Production Planners, Production team, Quality team and Supervisor. Liaises with the Customer Care department.
Liaises with customers, suppliers and hauliers.
· Taking a set of Production orders from the Master Production Scheduler and arranging into a local schedule that primarily meets the due date for customer supply whilst providing for the most efficient use of site assets.
· Daily review of the customer order book to ensure enough short-term cover for the supply of goods to the customer
· To chair and document a local planning meeting that signs off the forward plan for the site.
· Responsibility for a 2-3-week planning horizon for the site, interacting with the Master Production Scheduler to ensure OTIF levels are achieved.
· Maintain all local planning settings within IFS, including but not exclusive to local Product set ups, planning board calendars, manufacturing through put speeds.
· Record weekly production achievement against plan through a Conformance to Plan KPI measure that provides visibility of improvement actions with the site to have a more accurate account of the sites demonstrated capacity and Continuous Improvement activities.
· Stock Control/Monitoring – Finished Goods, Rework, Quarantined items, Work In Progress, Returns to Suppliers, Maintenance of Expiration Dates on products, working with 3PL relating to stock rotation especially on raw materials and the completion of weekly Cycle counts at site to ensure stock accuracy.
· Working with the Inventory Controller coordinate site stock counts to meet auditable requirements.
· Local management of the Non-Conforming Product to ensure usage in the finished product.
· Supplier contact – placing of all material, packaging and consumable purchase orders from Suppliers blanket PO to meet local stocking policy and future requirements as driven by the MRP. Follow up relating to call offs, deliveries, invoice queries, and/or complaints re quality issues, damaged products.
· Liaising with local warehouse providers to ensure receipt of Finished Goods stock and any Raw Materials from external suppliers, arranging collections/deliveries and maintaining haulage reports and spreadsheets. Inputting on IFS.
· Assist the Factory Manager when required with IFS reports and various other tasks as and when requested daily.
· Cover for other members of the admin team when required
· Assist with Administration tasks to prepare for audits and inspections etc. including update of UFAS Certificates and safety data sheets.
· Support local Continuous Improvement Initiatives.
· HACCP understanding
· Carry out internal auditing to ensure compliance with state and regulatory bodies.
English and Maths Leaving Cert or equivalent
Customer facing experience.
Good numeracy skills.
Good written and verbal skills.
Good at problem solving, prioritisation and multi-tasking.
Good IT skills (Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, IFS).
Good office skills (minute taking etc.).
Proactive ‘can do’ attitude
Job Types: Full-time, Fixed term
- On-site parking
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- CO. Meath: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: One location
Reference ID: EMP-FSM18123